Water spots will quickly develop on the outside of your car when you put your car on the direct route of a watering can, hose or similar hard water source. Hard water contains high levels of lime or calcium, which are alkaline base, paint stains and the glass of your car. A cheap and totally natural cleaning ingredient will remove water stains with ease.
- Pour equal parts of water and white vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution directly onto the water stains and wipe with a cloth. The vinegar will break the alkaline ones, while the water will slightly dilute the vinegar, which is safe for use on the outside of the car.
- Repeat until all water spots disappear.
- Wash the car to remove any traces of vinegar. Pour the water and normal car wash soap into a bucket and wash the car as you normally would.
- Rinse the car with the garden hose.
- Dry the car with a soft towel to absorb any excess water, which prevents the development of new water points.