The windshields of cars can get scratched, marked and grinded due to dirt flying through the air, especially on highways. How to replace windshield can be expensive in the shops of car kits are sold to repair scratches glasses. These kits provide the essential tools to repair glass.
The polishing compound included in the kit is the key ingredient for polishing the scratches. However, polishing does not eliminate cracks and in those cases it is better to change the windshield.
- Clean the windshield with soap and water before removing any excess dirt. Dry with a rag.
- Put protective tape on the damaged area to avoid spilling over the surrounding areas.
- Mix the polishing compound with water according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Apply the polishing compound to the damaged area with the plastic knife included in the kit. Remove the excess complex to polish with the knife.
- Place an accessory to polish a drill and use it at a low speed. Skip the glass with the drill until the scratches disappear. Polishing or at high speeds can further damage the surface, therefore, be moderate when you skip the luster to remove the scratches.
- Apply a treatment for glass on the windshield to protect it from damage caused by snow, mud and water.
Tips & Warnings
- When mixing the polishing compound with the water, use distilled water to prevent it from being contaminated with ordinary water pollution. Practice on a piece of glass that does not serve to achieve a smoother repair surface.
- If your nail gets caught when you put it on the glass, hire a professional. These scratches may be too deep to repair with a polishing kit. Wear protective gloves when working with the polish to prevent irritation of the skin. For best results, do not work in direct sunlight.